Serendipity

 I chose the word serendipity because of the way the syllables and sounds roll off your tongue while pronouncing the word. Th first half of the word “seren” sounds really calming and peaceful while the second half of the word “dipity” sounds kind of playful. The second half of the word reminds me of “Dipppin’ Dots” and triggers memories of all the times I searched for the Dippin’ Dots stand while I was at amusement parks. Since these were pleasant and fun-filled memories, I also form positive connotations with the word serendipity. 

I also really like the image that comes to mind while I think of the word, “serendipity”. I think of someone looking far beyond the horizon line at a dark night sky with many constellations. This image reminds me that life has many possibilities and paths. Another image that comes to mind when I think of the word, “serendipity”, is that of a person sitting on a cloud while experiencing peace and relaxation. The word also evokes feelings of mystery, magic, happiness and comfort. 

The aesthetic of the word is also very unique and pleasing. The way the letter “i” repeats itself twice draws my eye to the physical characteristics of the word. I like how the word also has patterns. For example, the letter “e” repeats itself before and after the letter “r” while “i” repeats itself before and after the letter, “p”. I also like how the letter, “y” at the end of the word makes the sound “ee”. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Pictures

Maus

A Day to Remember