Music

 The melodious and harmonious sounds of the violin surrounded me and drew me into music. The lyrical chords transported me into a world filled with tranquility. At this point, I realized that music is like a getaway vacation, in a sense that I can relax my mind and soul after experiencing stressful situations. As I immersed myself in orchestral activities and listened to a professional string quartet, I was quelled with awe of musical elements and developed genuine passion, love and energy for my instrument. After experiencing the sensation of music and musical expression through my school orchestra, I developed greater interest in singing at my Indian classical music class. 

Music is the way I express myself, tell stories and paint pictures. As I perform solos, I envision a story to bring life to my music and employ techniques to convey the story. Music is the way I connect and communicate with my audience. Music is my voice and the bridge between my sentiments, emotions, feelings and the world. While performing, I take the audience on an unforgettable journey that harnesses the conflicts and joys of the piece as well as transport them out of this world where the possibilities are endless. As an Indian-American, at times I feel culturally separated from my family in India. Music enables me to connect with diverse audiences as it is an universal language understood by everyone yet powerful enough to break barriers, transcend others and stay connected with family both emotionally and culturally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Pictures

Maus

A Day to Remember