Reflection

 I really enjoyed doing class reads as the discussions we had in class really enhanced my comprehension of the piece. Since everyone has many different interpretations of the piece, I am able to broaden my understanding of the piece during discussions. I would like to see more choice reading in AP but I also really value doing large-group reads. 

One assignment I really enjoyed this semester was the Lyric Essay assignment. I liked how we had a lot of choice and “wiggle room” in creating our topic and overall essay. I also liked how we were able to shift away from the conventional essay format and integrate different pictures and links to better express our sentiments from the actual essay. In addition, the assignment encouraged us to be reflective, analytical and creative. 

I really enjoyed blogging this semester and I would like to continue blogging. Blogging has allowed me to become more introspective and helped me gain a deeper understanding of books, life and society. This also developed my analytical skills to draw deeper meaning from our reading, texts, discussions. It has even allowed me to improve employing my voice in my writing and enhanced my writing skills. 

I felt that the work load of the class was appropriate. I found the writing assignments and reading assignments manageable to complete in the allotted time. 

Something I want to try next semester is doing more independent reading. I would value in-class time at the beginning of the hour dedicated for this purpose. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Pictures

Maus

A Day to Remember