A Day to Remember

 



This picture is meaningful to me because it was the day I met my younger sister. I still remember how excited and happy I was when my parents told me my little sister was born. I distinctly remember my dad picking me up from daycare and driving me to the hospital to meet my sister. The whole drive, I kept asking my dad questions about her as I could not contain my excitement. Before my sister was born, I often felt bored and alone as I did not have anyone to keep me company at home. This feeling fueled my excitement when my sister was born and I could not wait to meet her. I simply kept thinking of all the different games we could play together. When we finally arrived at the hospital, I remember not being able to peer over my sister’s bassinet to see her and asking my dad to lift me up so that I could take a look. I also remember as soon as I saw her, she somewhat smiled at me. Feeling elated, I chattered away to my mom and dad in my loud, childish voice. The next day at daycare, I remember telling all of my friends about my new little sister. 

This picture brings back many memories of the feelings and rush of emotions I felt that one March day almost 14 years ago. Sometimes, I look back and remember how simple my life was then and how I often I got excited. Now, when I am caught up in my now busy schedule of high school and college apps, it is nice to look back on and remember and appreciate this little moment that was so fulfilling. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Pictures

Maus